Tuesday, October 03, 2006

we have everything when we have nothing

christi and i had a doctor visit yesterday, and in less than 7 months, (around may 25), we are going to be parents. need less to say, we are very excited and are looking forward to the coming months, as well as the coming years.
we had a miscarriage in the spring, and since that time, the lord sustained us and increased our faith in him and his care. now he has blessed us with this great news.

the lord is indeed faithful, but not because he has given us a child. he would be faithful if we were never able to have children of our own. he is faithful in that he promises to bring to himself all of his children, and to never leave them or forsake them. he is gracious in that he has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places. he has given us the gift of his son.

so may we never dare suggest that he has not given us everything if he doesnt give us our every want. our knowledge is limited, our desires our shortsighted, and often tainted with sin. but our lord is holy, and all knowing, and good. he gives us himself, and in him, we have everything.

we praise him for this pregnancy and pray that he will give christi a safe and trouble free pregnancy and delivery, that our child will be born whole and without complication, and grow up strong and in the lord. but we pray more that we would daily be satisfied in him, so that if all else were to fall away, we would still stand firm and proclaim that we have everything in christ.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo!!
I am telling all of my friends, co-workers and strangers (if they stand still long enough in the checkout at walmart).
I have been praying for you both and your children since you became engaged; no reason to stop now. God's love, compassion and understanding is so much more than we can realize. How great that He understands we don't have enough words to praise Him.

stephen lee cavness said...

thanks so much!!

who are you??

-stephen

Anonymous said...

Oh, yay, Stephen!! I hope you don't think I am a blog stalker, but whenever I check Freddy T.'s blog, I go to yours too! :) I am so excited for you and your wife! Praise the Lord! Love, Katie Swarthout!!

Sunny said...

How exciting!! Congratulations! I hope you will share pics and updates!

Freddy T. Wyatt said...

we have everything when we have nothing indeed...oh may he grant us grace to see.

we are stoked for the cavness'!

Anonymous said...

I'M GOING TO BE AN UNCLE!!! sorta....
Uncle Monkey is taken, I'll have to think of something else.

Can't wait to slip the little fellow, or fellet, a clove of garlic.

dave woodbury said...

Stephen,

I don't know if you remember me from the old Caedmon's and DWebb boards (I was superdaviss) but I just wanted to offer my congratulations.

Dave

Sunny said...

many congrats to you guys...hope all is well. keep us updated.

RonK said...

WOOHOO!

Congrats

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for the post on my blog. I could be writing new posts or making calls...

you're mean

:)

OKeedokey said...

Wow! I'm so excited. Should I check in on you throughout this pregnancy just like you checked on me with Gibson?.. I usually got a call from you at least twice a month! That's why you are Uncle Stephen! Or Uncle Monkey. :)

Mindy said...

Congratulations! Saw this post a week or so ago, just forgot to comment. So happy for you guys!